Dear Creative Freelancer,
UI/UX designers are dime a dozen. Everyone's selling Design Systems, User Research, App Design, and more. If you're one of them, it's hard to stand out.
Want to change that? Here's how to become the one in your field.
Problem: The UI/UX Designer Identity Crisis
UI/UX designers, like us, often try to do everything, which makes us all look the same. This makes standing out almost impossible.
Solution: "Win Without Pitching"
In Blair Enns' book, "Win Without Pitching", he urges us to create our own unique space instead of following the crowd. He believes that being unique is more important than trying to convince others about our abilities.
How to Stand Out as a Creative Freelancer
- Find Your Niche: What do you excel at? Is it creating intuitive design systems, conducting insightful user research, or designing interactive prototypes? Choose your strength and master it.
- Create a Unique Selling Proposition (USP): What makes you different from others in your niche? It could be your unique approach, industry-specific experience, or solving a specific problem. This is what helps you stand out.
- Show Your Expertise: Share your knowledge and insights. Write articles, start a blog, or share tips on social media. This helps position you as an expert.
- Tell Your Story: People connect with stories. Share your journey, your expertise, and your unique approach.
- Network Strategically: Build relationships with those who can benefit from your expertise, like potential clients and influencers.
- Deliver Exceptional Work: Your work is your best advertisement. Always deliver quality that surpasses your client's expectations.
You don't have to be just another UI/UX designer. Become a sought-after expert in your field. Start by finding your niche and creating a unique selling proposition.
Don't just blend in. Stand out. You've got this!